Victor Dashitic, a staff of the National Industrial Court, Jos, strangled his wife  a 33-year-old school teacher in their farm on June 2, 2017, following a series of domestic violence arising from his sexual relationships with the maid identified as Nora.

Victor Dashitic and late wife he strangled to death.

It was gathered that Dashit who resides at New Abuja area of Jos, was fond of sleeping with the maid and had been caught by the wife on more than three occasions and whenever the deceased insisting on the girl leaving the house, Dashit would descend on her and beat her mercilessly.

Confirming the incident and the arrest of the suspect, the spokesman of the Command, ASP Terna Tyopev said Dashit lured the woman to the farm and strangled her to death and tried to cover up the act by telling people she had collapsed.

Tyopev said that after killing his wife, Dashit invited his brother to help him to convey her to the hospital having lied to his brother that she slumped few minutes after she complained of feeling dizzy.

A family source said that prior to the incident, the couple had faced lots of problems leading to persistent domestic violence.

The situation, it was learned, got worse in May 2016 when the deceased caught her husband in bed with their house help in their home.

Tyopev said: “Victor is in our custody and investigation is on-going. We shall soon take him to court. During police investigations, it was realized that the couple had been having issues for a while due to his infidelity.

We gathered that the deceased woke up one night sometime in May 2016 and did not see her husband on the bed.

After combing the entire house, she peeped into the house help’s room and found her husband on top of her.”

It at that point that Irene sent the girl out of the house but the girl came back two months later and told the husband that she was pregnant.

“Nora’s pregnancy aggravated the problems in their marriage; at a point, Irene fled to her parents’ house in Gindiri, Mangu Local Government Area but was persuaded to return to her husband’s house by their Pastor.

The Pastor persuaded her to return in November 2016, after intervening in the quarrel. She became pregnant immediately.”

A family source said that the late Irene had two daughters, while the baby, a male, removed from her womb after she died, did not survive.

A source at the Air Force Military Hospital, Jos, where Irene’s corpse was taken, said that Dashit who brought the wife on June 2, had claimed that she slumped and died after complaining of dizziness.

“The doctors confirmed her dead on arrival but rushed her to the theater for an emergency CS in a bid to save her unborn baby but brought out a dead child,” the hospital source said.

Further investigation by the medics, however, revealed marks on her neck, which suggested that she was strangled.

“The doctors quickly reported the matter at the Anglo Jos police station where Dashit owned up to strangling his wife,” the source added.

Tyopev, while describing the incident as quite unfortunate, blamed the development on the alleged infidelity of the husband, saying that Dashit had equally confessed to impregnating his housemaid.

“He confessed to holding the woman by the neck, but said he did not intend to kill her,”Tyopev said.