close
Health

Boy Dies In School Due To Alleged Allergy Of Fish And Chips.

20170305_161854

A nine-year-old boy has died after suffering a suspect allergic reaction while at school, police have said.

Paramedics were called to Al Hijrah School in Birmingham at around 2:20pm on Friday after the child collapsed, but attempts to resuscitate the youngster failed and he later died in nearby Heartlands Hospital.

It has been reported that teachers were struggling to find his epi-pen to treat the child after he suffered an allergic reaction.

West Midlands Police have launched an investigation into the tragedy and a post-mortem examination is expected to be carried out shortly.

Reports suggest the child suffered an allergic reaction to a fish and chips school dinner, but they could not be verified at the time of writing.

Birmingham City Council, which manages the school, said it is supporting the boy’s family along with specially trained police officers.

Source: Independent

 

%d bloggers like this: